The intent of this letter is to educate the membership, please take the time to read it. It is important to have knowledge of the past events in order to understand what we are trying to achieve and what is transpiring during the current bargaining process. We present this information to the best of our knowledge and apologize for any errors or omissions. We also had to be mindful of the fact we have signed confidentiality agreements and as such we are not permitted to disclose actual wait times for treatment other than what is reported in the annual reports.
The following letter outlines:
• Previous issues regarding the 2007-2009 bargaining.
• Information on SUN’s, and the Provider group’s collective agreements.
• Constraints and flaws with the current Essential Service Language.
• Manager’s current salary increases.
• Current bargaining proposals for the 2010-2012 contract.